QuickBooks came in 2012 with the aim of changing the accounting system for small-scale and medium-scale firms. With each passing year, it is becoming successful with easing the management and accounting work of businesses. QuickBooks works with forming the company files but with all such positives, do we think it has no problems. But you must take it with a pinch of salt that corruption in the QuickBooks Company File occurs many times.
We must respect the saying Nothing is Perfect so goes with QuickBooks. But the question arises if we accept the file corruption in QuickBooks, Can it be resolved? The answer is Yes. There are different ways to repair the file in QuickBooks. We are here to get you through all the concepts associated with the QuickBooks company file corruption. Let us begin now.
Corruption In QuickBooks Company File: How To Identify?
To know when to repair a QBW file, it is quite important to identify the file corruption. Given below are some issues that you might face due to QuickBooks Company File corruption.
- Account names come with an asterisk (*) created by QuickBooks due to missing the original accounts.
- Errors blinking like “A data problem prevents QuickBooks from continuing” comes in the Verify Data Utility Or “Verify Target: Values in minor do not match major” in the Qbwin.log file comes up on the desktop screen.
- When the user saves or deletes a transaction, QuickBooks shuts down suddenly.
- Reports like Balance Sheets (Total assets do not equal the total liabilities and equity)
- Missing entries & transactions from Lists.
- The QuickBooks software runs slowly.
- Transaction History displays a negative balance.
- When the user opens the Send Feedback Online and the Bug Report window, he will get an HTML code.
- Paid invoices & bills are coming as unpaid.
Data damage in Quickbooks can appear in many scenarios, but it is important to note that any signs that make the data look different could be an indicator of the QuickBooks file corruption.
QuickBooks Company Data File Corruption: Reasons & Causes
Now that we know how to detect corruption in your QuickBooks database, the next best step would be to go through the causes of QuickBooks data corruption. This will surely help you in performing the QuickBooks Company File Repair.
Some basic reasons & causes for data corruption & damage in QuickBooks are given here.
- The QuickBooks database size is exceeding the limit of 200 MB (for QuickBooks Pro) & 450 MB (for QuickBooks Enterprise).
- Unavailability of resources like Virtual Memory, RAM, network interface cards, network cables, routers, etc.
- Instant shut down of the system.
- Frequent power cuts can also lead to data corruption.
- Virus, malware, and ransomware attacks on the systems’ hard drive where the database is stored.
- Corruption of the hard drive where the database is saved.
Now we are all through with the basic understanding of the QuickBooks File Corruption. So, now it is the perfect time to go through the fixing methods for repairing your QuickBooks Files.
Corruption In QuickBooks Company File: Top Repairing Methods
There are two basic ways to repair the QuickBooks files. Firstly, we can fix the files manually, and secondly, we can repair the files via the use of some basic tools. We will go through both the methods below.
Method 1: Repair QuickBooks Company File Manually
You can manually repair the QBW file easily via Verify & Rebuild Data utility. Read the steps here.
- Firstly, access the data file and sign in as administrator.
- Choose the Single User Mode and then begin data verification by tapping on File, then Utilities, and the option Verify Data.
Verify Data Option
The ‘Verify’ process takes time as per the size of the file. In case this process takes a lot of time or does not finish, you must do a complete rebuild given below:
- Firstly, create a local data file copy from the server.
- Enable temporary hosting on the system where it is copied and access the file and sign-in as admin.
- Click on File > Utilities > Rebuild Data.
Rebuild Data Option
As the rebuild is complete, keep a copy of the repaired QBW file in your local drive as well as save the file on the server. Do not host the file on the system and rename the new file other than the original file.
Note: The complete Rebuild process is more time-consuming than the Verify process. Until the process completes, do not interrupt the process in any way. If it is possible, do not use your system while the process is going on.
You Might Also like, Intuit Retires Intuit Online Payroll: Everything You Need To Know
Method 2: Free Basic Tools
As the manual method is quite simple to use but on the other hand, it is not a time-saver. We can opt for a better approach which is to use free QBs Company File Repair tools.
Some basic free of cost QBW file repair tools are:
QuickBooks File Doctor
QuickBooks File Doctor rectifies different kinds of file and data corruption issues, Windows problems, network and connectivity problems, etc.
The Reboot.bat use will help in re-registering different QuickBooks associated components of Microsoft Windows.
QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool assists in diagnosing and repairing many issues but it majorly focuses on the Microsoft .NET Framework components.
QuickBooks Component Repair Tool
QuickBooks Component Repair Tool resolves issues that hinder the software QuickBooks in their operations.
This article is an informative guide for all beginners who are looking to start their work with the software QuickBooks. With QuickBooks, the users face many errors and this post is a perfect match for them to fix the QuickBooks Company files. We hope you like our content and are able to work it out with the QuickBooks File Repair. It a pleasure to be with you in your difficult times. We are optimistic you will visit us in the near future to get resolutions of any other QuickBooks-related problems.